San Diego Sheriff Invoice Gore has launched the title of the 19-year-old white male who was arrested in reference to the Chabad of Poway synagogue taking pictures.
John T. Earnest, 19, has been named because the San Diego resident who was arrested in reference to the Chabad of Poway synagogue taking pictures. The suspect was apprehended by police shortly after the April 27 assault, which led to at least one girl dying and three individuals being injured and rushed to hospital. The taking pictures happened on the final day of Passover and precisely six months after the Tree of Life synagogue taking pictures in Pittsburgh, which left 11 useless. Right here’s what we learn about Earnest:
1. He has no identified legal report. “We didn’t discover any prior regulation enforcement contact with Earnest,” the Sheriff’s workplace tweeted on April 27.
2. There are reviews that he printed a manifesto on-line, however regulation enforcement are nonetheless investigating these claims. “We’re trying into digital proof and checking the authenticity of a web based manifesto,” the division stated in a tweet.
3. Police are investigating Earnest as a suspect in a mosque burning in Escondido, California. That assault happened on March 24, 2019. On that event the suspect left a observe referring to the March 15 Christchurch, New Zealand mass shootings that left 50 useless, in keeping with an NBC 7 San Diego report. Seven individuals have been praying within the mosque on the time the early morning hearth broke out, however they have been rapidly capable of extinguish it.
4. The suspect used an assault-type rifle within the Poway assault, Sheriff Gore informed journalists at a press convention on April 27. It’s “an AR-15-type rifle,” he stated, admitting that the taking pictures was being investigated as a hate crime. He additionally stated that there are indicators that the gun “may need malfunctioned after firing quite a few rounds,” in keeping with CNN.
5. John allegedly fled the crime scene after which known as the cops, San Diego Police Chief David Nisleit informed CNN. An off-duty border patrol agent was on the synagogue and, because the suspect was leaving, the officer grabbed a firearm and exchanged gunshots with him and “put some bullet holes within the automotive Earnest was driving,” Gore stated at a press replace.
President Donald Trump has tweeted concerning the Chabad of Poway assault. “Ideas and prayers to all of these affected by the taking pictures on the Synagogue in Poway, California,” he wrote. “God bless you all. Suspect apprehended. Regulation enforcement did excellent job. Thanks!”