NEW YORK — In the present day, Citi celebrates its 14th annual World Neighborhood Day with 110,000 Citi volunteers in additional than 400 cities throughout 90 international locations and territories collaborating in service actions of their native communities. Within the days main as much as, and together with World Neighborhood Day, Citi colleagues, alumni, companions, purchasers, household and mates are volunteering in additional than 1,500 service initiatives which are serving to to handle a spread of neighborhood wants – from mentoring low-income youth to conserving parks and educating folks in regards to the worth of defending wholesome and sustainable ecosystems.
This annual day of service affords a variety of volunteer alternatives to work alongside neighborhood and non-profit companions to assist enhance our cities and neighborhoods.
“Day-after-day, we take delight in having a enterprise mannequin that contributes to society by enabling development and financial progress. Now in its 14th yr, World Neighborhood Day affords our Citi colleagues around the globe the chance to pursue this mission by means of volunteerism,” mentioned Citi CEO Mike Corbat. “The large turnout we see yearly is a good reflection on our folks and exhibits their honest dedication to the communities we serve.”
Because the inaugural World Neighborhood Day in 2006, Citi volunteers have contributed over Four million hours of service to World Neighborhood Day initiatives in a whole lot of cities. This yr, we proceed to trace how initiatives are serving to to advance the Sustainable Growth Objectives (SDGs). The featured actions beneath present how this yr’s initiatives are contributing to pick out SDGs, together with: Zero Starvation (SDG 2); Good Well being and Nicely-Being (SDG 3); High quality Schooling (SDG 4); First rate Work and Financial Progress (SDG 8); Sustainable Cities and Communities (SDG 11); and Local weather Motion (SDG 13).
- In China, Citi volunteers are making care packages and hand-painting sneakers for underserved youngsters within the Yunnan Province.
- Aligning their efforts with Pathways to Progress, Citi volunteers in Sydney, Australia will plan a collection of workshops to assist youth develop profession aspirations, improve their employability abilities, and achieve a aggressive job market.
- Within the Philippines, Citi volunteers are addressing environmental and social points by creating recycled plastic bottle “eco bricks,” which can be utilized in public college constructing initiatives, and selling equality and inclusion by strolling alongside Paralympic athletes.
EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- In London, United Kingdom, Citi volunteers are holding a Sports activities Competition Day to harness the ability of sport as a developmental device for younger folks to advertise long-term energetic habits, improved well-being and employability abilities.
- In an effort to enhance air high quality in Warsaw, Poland for low-income and weak communities, Citi volunteers can be planting anti-smog vegetation and mini herb gardens.
- In alignment with Pathways to Progress, Citi volunteers in Kuwait can be utilizing their abilities to coach younger folks from low-income communities on writing a profitable cowl letter and interviewing for jobs efficiently.
- Citi volunteers in El Salvador are collaborating with Glasswing Worldwide to assist youth improve their data in monetary training and employability abilities.
- Focusing their efforts on neighborhood revitalization, Citi volunteers in Bogotá, Colombia can be portray colourful murals in a area people. The most important of the murals, a butterfly, will stand as an emblem for brand spanking new beginnings.
- Citibanamex volunteers in Mexico are collaborating in a spread of actions to assist deprived populations, together with working a nationwide meals drive and aiding Paralympic athletes.
- Citi CEO Mike Corbat joined Citi volunteers in Toronto, Canada to assist protect a artifical conservation park by means of planting actions.
- In New York Metropolis, Citi volunteers are participating in a spread of actions throughout the 5 boroughs, together with clearing particles and making ready plant beds, mentoring younger folks, packing meals and constructing bikes for youngsters from underserved communities.
- Citi volunteers in Los Angeles County are working in partnership with Homes4Families (previously Habitat for Humanity – Santa Clarita) on a neighborhood landscaping challenge for low-income veterans.
Please be a part of the World Neighborhood Day dialog on social media utilizing the hashtag #CitiVolunteers. To be taught extra about Citi’s citizenship efforts and the way we take motion to impact optimistic and significant change in our communities, go to https://www.citi.com/citizenship.
Citi, the main world financial institution, has roughly 200 million buyer accounts and does enterprise in additional than 160 international locations and jurisdictions. Citi gives customers, companies, governments and establishments with a broad vary of monetary services and products, together with shopper banking and credit score, company and funding banking, securities brokerage, transaction providers, and wealth administration.
Extra data could also be discovered at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Weblog: http://weblog.citigroup.com | Fb: www.fb.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/firm/citi
Elizabeth Kelly, 212-559-2477