At this Sunday’s ceremony, nation music pair Dan Smyers and Shay Mooney are up for Duo of the Yr, Album of the Yr for Dan + Shay, Single of the Yr, Track of the Yr and Video of the Yr for “Tequila,” in addition to Music Occasion of the Yr for “Protecting Rating,” that includes Kelly Clarkson.
Along with the entire nods, the musical group will take the stage to carry out at this weekend’s award present. However, earlier than we see them on the ceremony on Sunday, we wished to get to know Dan + Shay a bit bit higher.
Let’s check out 5 stuff you may not learn about Dan + Shay!
1. They’re Shut Buddies with Nick Jonas: Dan and Shay have been pals with Nick Jonas for years now, with the Jonas Brothers singer supporting the nation duo on many events. It was 4 years in the past that the trio carried out collectively on the 2015 ACM Awards.
“Our managers linked us first,” Nick shared in a behind-the-scenes video in 2015. “And I heard that they preferred what I used to be doing and I like what they have been doing, and it simply occurred fairly organically.”
The group of friends additionally added one other celeb to their squad in 2017: Niall Horan! It was two years in the past that Shay shared a selfie with the star-studded group, captioning the Instagram put up, “Final evening was a TIME.”
2. Shay Mooney Was Really Born James Shay Mooney: That is proper, James Shay Mooney was born on Dec. 27, 1991, however he goes by his center identify “Shay.”
3. Their Weddings Have been 5 Months Aside: On Might 13, 2017, Dan married his longtime love Abby Regulation. Then, in Oct. 2017, Shay tied the knot with former Miss Arkansas Hannah Billingsley. The beautiful weddings might be seen within the duo’s “Speechless” music video above!
4. Dan + Shay Will Have a good time Their Seventh Anniversary This Yr: Dan and Shay first met in Dec. 2012 in Nashville.
“We met in December, really, at his home, at a celebration,” Shay advised Style of Nation in 2013. “I get to this occasion, I am strolling on this outdated home. It was a horrible home, after all, a typical Nashville starting-artist home.”
Dan added, “I had no cash to pay for warmth, so I went to the thrift retailer and acquired a bunch of sheets. [We] tented out the entire front room, and we retained all the warmth in there. All of us simply frolicked, huddled round…Shay and I have been jamming that evening, and we have been writing three songs a day each since.”
And, because the saying goes, the remaining is nation music historical past!
5. They Carried out on The Bachelorette: Do you bear in mind this, Bachelor Nation? Again in 2016, the duo carried out “From the Floor Up” for JoJo Fletcher and contestant Luke Pell throughout their date in Pennsylvania.
“We did not know what to anticipate,” Dan advised CMT in 2016. “We simply acquired a name from the present and discovered that they cherished our music. ‘From the Floor Up,’ and so they requested if we might we need to come sing it for JoJo. We have been like, ‘Completely.'”
Make sure you watch the 2019 ACM Awards this Sunday, April 7 at eight p.m. ET on CBS.